letter i letter s letter h letter a letter r letter e

Saturday, August 6, 2011

You'll Always Be a Student-Teacher

This post from @johntspencer caught my eye since I just finished my student-teaching in May and will be starting my new position in a few weeks. 

Before student teaching began, I was scared to death of the idea that I had to get to know 20+ students, learn the class routine, and eventually completely take over the class within several weeks. Once I began that journey, I quickly realized that I was blessed with an incredibly talented mentor teacher and a bright, loving group of students. Each day was a learning experience, no matter how the day went. In college they tell you that you'll learn from your mentors, but they forget to mention that your students will teach you just as much.Watch them, listen to them, and grow from what they teach you.

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog Justin! I just learned some cool stuff from visiting and became a follower. I never knew you could scroll the blog buttons. Pretty cool! You also have a lot of great links and posts. Very informative! Thanks!

    Teaching Blog Addict
    ♥Teaching with TLC

    ReplyDelete