letter i letter s letter h letter a letter r letter e

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Five Things Students Say They Want from Education

"What'd you do today at school?"
Student: "Nothin'..."
"Oh c'mon, you had to have learned or done something!"
Student: "Not really..."

Sound familiar? I remember saying the same thing to my parents and grandparents when they'd ask about school. Not saying that my teachers didn't make school interesting; I had some amazing teachers! But, seriously... how can teachers do something to turn that parent-child dialog into a real conversation?

@eschoolnews has a great article titled "Five Things Students Say They Want from Education". Reading through these five points, I kept thinking well, yeah...! and duh! Every point made in this article is important, but I think numbers 3 and 4 are at the top of my list as a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment